Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Hardtops no longer available for 2007-2010 JKs?

Old 12-19-2009, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardtops no longer available for 2007-2010 JKs?

My dealer has been unable for the past six weeks to obtain a hardtop from Chrysler for my 2009 JK 2 door. They advise that Chrysler is not able to obtain them from the top manufacturer for JKs. What gives? Anyone have any experience with Bestop tops?
Old 12-19-2009, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have heard that bestop is moving their operation to mexico. i do not know if this is related.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Heard from the dealer that they're havin trouble getting hardtops unless the jeep is ordered with one. Mentioned something about chrysler owing money/not paying debts on time, but i don't have any specifics. They ordered my hardtop in september and still nothin, if that tells you anything.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

I haven't heard back from my dealership yet but I will post when I find out.

Used Hardtops are very slim pickins FYI. If your looking for one or anything esle DO NOT SHOP QUALITYAUTOPARTS.COM . IMO. I odered some hardtop parts from them after shopping around. They tried to be evasive about the condition and where the parts were comming from. To boot almost everyone I talked with barely spoke ENGLISH. The phone number shows from Chicago but ? Anyway, they finally told me they found the parts I needed and even gave me a song and dance that the parts came off a Doctor's JK they had bought at an auction in Tennesse. I paid for them and they said they would be shipped the following day. Several days later I called and they said sorry we had to cancel your order, we can not find the parts. All that after they said they even called the warehouse and spoke with the parts manager.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:57 PM
JK Junkie

Wildboar tops are badass if you are going aftermarket.
If these stockers get rare, mines going up for sale.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Tops are almost always available on Craigslist, here on the forum in most major metropolitan areas. Finding hard tops - at least here in the Denver area is usually easy. Find one on the forum or on your nearest Craigslist city.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by isolated1523
Heard from the dealer that they're havin trouble getting hardtops unless the jeep is ordered with one. Mentioned something about chrysler owing money/not paying debts on time, but i don't have any specifics. They ordered my hardtop in September and still nothin, if that tells you anything.
When Chrysler filed for bankruptcy, it meant that anyone they owe money must pursue the matter with their Lawyahs to get the money back that is owed to them. It appears that BesTop is way down the list.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

The hardtop supplier is not Bestop, it is a company called CSP. The hardtop was resourced from Meridian in the summer and the new supplier has been having a very difficult time keeping up. The top is made from a material called SMC which is hard to process. They are getting better and there should not be any more supply problems goin forward.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Nothing on Craigslist

so far anyway.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Nothing on Craigslist

so far anyway. I didn't mean to infer that Bestop was the supplier for Chrysler and have no reason to believe so as their tops are totally different that the (formerly) Jeep tops.

Quick Reply: Hardtops no longer available for 2007-2010 JKs?