Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Hard top issues with rain.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard top issues with rain.

His may have been discussed before but I couldn't find any threads. I have an 09 jk rubicon that I had to beg my wife for. She doesn't get the jeep thing, but when we go to our first jamboree I'm certain she'll be recruited. Anyways, when it rains and you open the driver and front passenger door the water just pours a steady stream in the upper front corner. Needless to say this just fuels my wife's complaints about why we should have kept the family explorer we traded in for the JK. Is there a mod to fix this?
Old 04-20-2012, 06:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen some people fill that lip channel it drips from with black silicone. has to be fixed occasionally but seemed to work.

I personally just deal with it since it only seemed to happen to mine when it was just raining very hard out. then got a soft top, it does it too but not as bad

Quick Reply: Hard top issues with rain.