Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Hard top cleaning?

Old 06-26-2012, 09:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard top cleaning?

Hey,

What do you guys use to keep your hard tops look'n like new?
Liquid wax, spray detailer....
Old 06-26-2012, 11:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Used to be a paste wax guy, then thanks to JKF I discovered Turtle Wax Synthetic Liquid Wax. You can apply this stuff literally over every surface of the Jeep without getting any sort of discoloration or chalky residue, particularly on the plastics, which are notorious for being discolored by conventional waxes. There's even an entire thread devoted on figuring out how to effectively remove wax stains from the plastics, which is impossible BTW.

Although I use 303 Aerospace on the plastics, everything else gets Ice, including the hardtop & all windows. It may not be the longest lasting or shinniest wax, but the ease of application alone is worth it.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Incognito
Used to be a paste wax guy, then thanks to JKF I discovered Turtle Wax Synthetic Liquid Wax. You can apply this stuff literally over every surface of the Jeep without getting any sort of discoloration or chalky residue, particularly on the plastics, which are notorious for being discolored by conventional waxes. There's even an entire thread devoted on figuring out how to effectively remove wax stains from the plastics, which is impossible BTW.

Although I use 303 Aerospace on the plastics, everything else gets Ice, including the hardtop & all windows. It may not be the longest lasting or shinniest wax, but the ease of application alone is worth it.
x2
Old 07-15-2012, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

I have to look up where to find the 303 in my area. Thanks for the tip!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered 303 from Cabelas and it works well but is more expensive than Mothers Back-to-Black which as worked well for me. Pep Boys carries it.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Something to consider...

... use a high gloss paint for the very top to form a more adequate heat barrier.

Quick Reply: Hard top cleaning?