Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Hard top.

Old 06-13-2010, 04:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hard top.

If you buy a JK with a soft top, will a hard top just fit right on. Is there any thing you have to do to to get it secured. Or do they need some kind of special mounting kits?
Old 06-13-2010, 09:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need the screws. You also need the harness for the rear wiper as well as a re-program to allow your jeep to use the defroster in the rear which will cost $$$ at your nearest dealer. Otherwise you will have a hard top with no use of the rear wiper or the defroster. Which brings me to the question... who buys a hardtop in the summer? Mine is stored precariously on my patio at the moment... love the jeep soft-top in the summer.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dre64
You need the screws. You also need the harness for the rear wiper as well as a re-program to allow your jeep to use the defroster in the rear which will cost $$$ at your nearest dealer. Otherwise you will have a hard top with no use of the rear wiper or the defroster. Which brings me to the question... who buys a hardtop in the summer? Mine is stored precariously on my patio at the moment... love the jeep soft-top in the summer.
Unfortunately some of us live in areas where security can become a concern no matter what season it is. Plus I think that ease of removal with soft top vs hard top is just a preference. I currently own a hard top due to the security thing. Previous jeep was a soft top, and so far I don't mind taking the hard top on and off compared to my old soft top.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default hardtop

Dont forget about the hose hook up for the rear window. So you can use the windshield washer fluid.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

who buys a hardtop in the summer?
Someone smart enough to know that there is about a 6 month wait to get the hardtop. Waiting till winter to order one will net you that hard top sometime next summer.

Quick Reply: Hard top.