Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Hard / Soft Top

Old 03-29-2011, 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard / Soft Top

So I have a sunrider soft top on my 2010 2dr. Either way I have a friend who wants to do an even swap for a hard top. I was wondering how hard it is to take the hard top on and off by myself. If it's a huge pain I might just keep the soft top.

Any opinions?
Old 03-29-2011, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

You can do it by yourself but I wouldn't recommend it. It's really a 2 person job.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you have a garage and can set up a overhead chain hook/hoist, its very easy. One person is pretty awkward otherwise. I used to do my 1984 K5 Blazer top by myself. That was tricky.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Super Freak

This came up before, and I still think that anyone willing to trade a hardtop for a softtop straight-up... take the deal. Hardtops are worth 2-3 times what you can get a softtop for. Bare minimum you can buy another softtop and sell the hardtop for a profit, or have a summer/ winter setup. I didnt look to see where you are from, so that may or may not be important to you.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Orangeav
This came up before, and I still think that anyone willing to trade a hardtop for a softtop straight-up... take the deal. Hardtops are worth 2-3 times what you can get a softtop for. Bare minimum you can buy another softtop and sell the hardtop for a profit, or have a summer/ winter setup. I didnt look to see where you are from, so that may or may not be important to you.
It's really tempting to get that hardtop. Especially because when I trade it in for a 2012 with the new engine ill be able to get a tiny bit more for it haha!

Quick Reply: Hard / Soft Top