Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Hard 1-2 shift w/auto

Old 04-05-2012, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard 1-2 shift w/auto

I have a '10 auto w/3.73 limited slip with 11,350 miles. Under light to medium acceleration up a hill or even flat road the transmission seems like it shifts a little hard. On hard acceleration it shifts smoother. It does it hot or cold. Whats weird is sometimes is shifts smooth on a flat road or not as hard up a hill. Fluid is red and full. I took it to the dealer today and they reflashed the trans control module. Trans still shifts the same. Anyone have similar shifts? Im thinking it's just the crappy auto.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's hard to tell. I have a '10 auto and it was hit or miss on the shifting. I have since started using a Superchips Flashpaq and tinkered here and there with some improvements. But at the end of the day it's still a crappy auto but I've just gotten used to it.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Noticed that too on '10 Unlimited Rubicon with 49k miles, but it seems like it only does it when it's cold. Recently upgraded to 35s and it's a little more noticeable, doesn't matter if it's light or hard acceleration.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:39 PM
JK Freak

me too in my 09 2dr.... 2nd into 3rd gear for me
Old 04-26-2012, 08:23 PM
JK Newbie

Default Re:hard to shift w/auto

Hard shifts are normally a good thing in automatic transmissions so long as it isnt irregular in the hesitation. Id much rather it shift hard than "smooth" as that can mean theres slippage. Just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Hard 1-2 shift w/auto