Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Handling issues...

Old 01-07-2010, 05:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiskeyMan
Ok, my wife has an '09 JK completely stock with about 16k (Km) on the clock...

She was complaining about how the truck doesn't handle well through the corners on the highway and how it tends to wander... Having driven it many times before I told her it was fine. (she was used to her small FWD car that handled like a go cart... The JK took some getting used to for her)

But I recently had to drive it on the highway... and HOLY CRAP!!!

It seriously felt like I had drank 10 beers before hittin the road. This thing is damn near impossible to keep in a straight line! Every litttle bump dip or even slope in the road and this thing wanders!

Having driven this thing on a 4hr trip through winding mountain roads last summer, I KNOW it was not like this before....

And I dunno, maybe it's just me, but the steering feels "loose". There seems to be a large on center spot in the steering. has there been any problems with the steering boxes or P/S systems?

And through the corners it's even worse. Anything faster than about 90Km/h feels unsafe...

Is this normal, Or should I take it in (I think so)?

This thing handles like something that has 200k on it. Not like a one year old truck.

Not being a jeep guy myself, are there any major causes to this? Is this normal? I was thinking of putting a lift and some 33's on it for her, but it would be a death trap if I did....

I just don't want the dealer to BS me and tell me it's normal. (I know they will, and I know it's not normal.... And if it is, they will have one less Jeep owner.)
YOu know from experience???
Old 01-07-2010, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

Ummmm.... no.....

Of course not....
Old 01-07-2010, 07:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by WhiskeyMan
Ummmm.... no.....

Of course not....
Hah, you should change it to say "10 shots of whiskey". You into hockey being from the great white north?

PS - I take it that is BC Canada and not Baja CA....
Old 01-08-2010, 03:15 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could bad ball joints cause this?
Old 01-08-2010, 04:19 PM
JK Super Freak

maybe a shock is bad?
Old 01-09-2010, 05:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RRCP08JK
Hah, you should change it to say "10 shots of whiskey". You into hockey being from the great white north?

PS - I take it that is BC Canada and not Baja CA....
Yes... BC Canada

Quick Reply: Handling issues...