Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Half Door Questions & Pics

Old 01-27-2009, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Location

Hey, what part of York do you leave in I live near Red Lion PA
Old 01-27-2009, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm in east York not far from Red Lion either!
Old 01-27-2009, 05:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Snap-Off
Thats definitely what I've heard. Since I haven't bought a JK yet, I wanted to get some opinions. Thanks guys!

myklt8: Awesome looking JK! I like the 4dr JK with half doors... looks sweet
Thanx...Lift coming next then tires and wheels!
Old 01-27-2009, 08:55 PM
JK Newbie

I'm liking my rubi with the half doors too. I see you guys have em in snow land. I have mine in Southern Al, but would like to still have the same jeep when I return home to MN. How does the cold treat the soft windows? do they hold up better than the TJ plastic windows?
Old 01-29-2009, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

My X 2-door came with full doors. Can factory half-doors be ordered from the dealer? I'm not seeing anything worthwhile when I search the web or catalogs. (Tube half-doors are nice but won't keep road spray off my work clothes on the way to the office.)
Old 01-30-2009, 05:26 PM
JK Newbie

Saltman, the windows can slide down when the doors are closed. I just unzip and grab the top front corner, pull it in down and back so you just clear the dash in front the ac vent and go all the way down with it then slide it foward between the door and ac vent. It is alittle easier in warmer weather than cold special on the highway. Anyone with the 4doors have the front top seal on the rear doors folding in when the door closes?
Old 01-30-2009, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The Police Chief where I work has them on his 2 door Green X which he ordered that way with the .410 gears, locker and sway bar disconnect.
They are terrific doors, to say the least.

I'm definitely ordering a set after tax time, even if they do cost 3K complete. Then get them painted silver to match the Jeep and run them with a factory soft top.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bbreaux1
Saltman, the windows can slide down when the doors are closed. I just unzip and grab the top front corner, pull it in down and back so you just clear the dash in front the ac vent and go all the way down with it then slide it foward between the door and ac vent. It is alittle easier in warmer weather than cold special on the highway. Anyone with the 4doors have the front top seal on the rear doors folding in when the door closes?
yes, but I can reseat the uppers and it will close normally
I think it only happens when the upper is not seated properly
Old 01-30-2009, 07:05 PM
JK Freak

Man, I have a major love/hate relationship with this forum! I got full doors - first Jeep, didn't know any better - but all of the sudden I'm feeling the need for the half doors - especially after seeing Saltman's Red Rock! Great color choice, by the way!

You guys are going to send me to the poorhouse!

I wonder if my son would mind going to a community college for a year or two?

I can imagine the conversation now - "but son, you don't understand, I needed more mods on the Jeep, so I can't afford to send you to Harvard!"

Somehow, I don't think he would complain - he'll be 13 in June, and I have already told him that the Jeep will be his when he gets his license. His mother is a different story though!

Great looking JK Saltman!

JD
Old 01-30-2009, 08:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jd1066
Man, I have a major love/hate relationship with this forum! I got full doors - first Jeep, didn't know any better - but all of the sudden I'm feeling the need for the half doors - especially after seeing Saltman's Red Rock! Great color choice, by the way!

You guys are going to send me to the poorhouse!

I wonder if my son would mind going to a community college for a year or two?

I can imagine the conversation now - "but son, you don't understand, I needed more mods on the Jeep, so I can't afford to send you to Harvard!"

Somehow, I don't think he would complain - he'll be 13 in June, and I have already told him that the Jeep will be his when he gets his license. His mother is a different story though!

Great looking JK Saltman!

JD

Welcome to the club.

Quick Reply: Half Door Questions & Pics