Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Grinding into reverse

Old 12-21-2014, 06:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would bring jt in to the dealership. I believe the NSG370 trans has a reverse synchro. i dont get any grinding in mine going into reverse regardless of the gear i am shifting from. I have had manual transmission vehicles with unsynchronized reverse before and i had to either shift from fifth to reverse or first to reverse depending on the trans. So, if you find that it doesn't grind first to reverse but does grind from other gears, maybe it has a bad reverse synchro. if it grinds shifting from any gear to reverse including first, then maybe somethjng else is wrong.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Couple weeks of shifting from 1st to reverse and it hasn't grinded once. 1k from my first oil change. I'll ask them about it. I have a small list of sounds I want them to investigate

Quick Reply: Grinding into reverse