Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Grinding / Dragging Noise at Drivers Front Wheel - Any ideas?

Old 03-08-2008, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CIJeep
Jack up the front wheel and see if you can rock the wheel from top to bottom or left to right. I'm thinking excessive play in the wheel bearings or something else.
I started a new thread so I wouldnt jack this one.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/break-squeal-31634/
Old 09-04-2016, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default squeaking noise while driving, by pressing on brakes noise stops

couple days ago i noticed a squeaking noise sound like its coming from front driver side the noise begins when i make a right turn also i can make it stop by pressing on brakes lightly. today i changed my front brakes thinking that was the problem. inside driver side brake pad was more shaved off on top that bottom. after replacing brake pads on both sides ( only mopar parts) the noise still comes back then goes away on its own and then comes back again after hitting a bump or taking turn when i press brakes it goes away. it has something to do with brake system don't know what exactly. any suggestions ?

Quick Reply: Grinding / Dragging Noise at Drivers Front Wheel - Any ideas?