Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Grill guard! Which one to pick?!

Old 05-07-2012, 06:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a part for everything.....

I searched around a bit more and found info. There are a few relocation kits now available; Or-fab, Teraflex, and EVO. Google even provided a how-to video.

I'm ordering the Or-Fab bracket from Quadratrac and putting on grill guard
Old 05-12-2012, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Please keep us posted on this

I would love to know the level of difficulty on this
Old 05-13-2012, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

It's not difficult. However, you do need the tools. I used a sawzall with a metal cutting blade to remove the bracket. You can use a cutoff wheel, but I used the sawzall because the blade will flex some and you can get it right down in there. To mount the MBRP light bar, two of the indentations on the plastic filler panel must be cut out. I tried doing this with a razor knife, but that plastic is pretty hard. (I know, that's what she said). I wound up going to Harbor Freight and buying I cheap dremel tool. By all means, get the dremel tool. It will be money well spent. Y'all correct me if I am wrong, but a lot of after market bumpers and light bars must use these same holes that are located behind the bracket. So.......that bracket will have to be removed some time. Go for it!!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 03:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RedOffRoad
Here is mine with the Aries Grille Guard
Got the Aries too. Put it on a couple of weeks ago and instal was a breeze. I really recommend it for those who don't want a new front bumper. I just wish Quadratec carried the cheaper one, but maybe Aries won't let them private label it anymore.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:46 PM
JK Newbie

So who carries the cheaper Aries?? I'm interested in that guard. Seems to be a good option to mount lights on.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Jc whitney

I remember getting the exact same grill at jcwhitneys for much less. I think it was listed under a different name though.

Quick Reply: Grill guard! Which one to pick?!