Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Getting a "Check Up" under warranty?

Old 06-05-2013, 05:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the one time it IS good to go get a dealer checkup. I know GM was great when I rolled in there with 5km left on my warranty after doing a 10,000km trip across the US. They did a full detailed inspection, gave me a 5 page report and what was wrong and fixed everything. There was intermittent problems with the cd player and they ordered in a replacement to be replaced later on free of charge, expect I went aftermarket so never ended up needing it.

Now with the Chrysler dealerships, it's been very hard to trust them after screwing us over multiple times, but if the warranty is almost up you should have it fully inspected and then get everything fixed on their dime.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2013-JeepJK
If you're okay with spending ~100 bucks, take it to a different Chrysler dealer and say you are selling it and the potential owner wants a full inspection, if they find anything that would be warrantied take it to the dealer you normally would and have them repair it.
^^ not a bad idea but for $100 i'd recommend you do it yourself. Sounds like your handy with a wrench anyways def take it in for the steering issues at least and have em check it out. I think most Chry dealerships do offer a XX point inspection for free, but hardly everything is inspected. the only way to really know how your jeep is doing is get in there and get intimate with her.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

spartan99 you have made my week. I completely know what you mean. I know my 1990 Cherokee like the back of my hand because I did everything, except a fuel system flush, myself or with my dad and wheeling friends. My wife wants me to sell the Cherokee now that we have the Wrangler and it will be hard to do because of all the work that has gone into it. I will get under the JK myself and start messing with things. BTW, I have owned a few classic VWs in my time. Funny how so many VW people are Jeep people and vice versa.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I've been out of town the past couple weekends and the rest of the summer looks the same, so I broke down and took the Jeep to the dealer. They said the inner and outer shafts of the steering column and the U-joint are loose. They are ordering all new ones and replacing them under warranty. After I rack up another 3,500 miles and lose the basic warranty, I'll be doing all the work myself.

Quick Reply: Getting a "Check Up" under warranty?