Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

getting carseats in?

Old 09-16-2009, 11:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to disagree with these guys. Getting the carseat in and out is NOT easy in a two door. Once the base is in, it decreases alot of the work, but if your infant is in the actual seat, you have to work some strange angles to get it back there, which will be difficult if not dangerous. For toddlers, getting the seat in is tough as well. Once in, you will want to leave it, as opposed to transferring the seat from vehicle to vehicle.

Also, if your vehicle has vinyl seats, the corners of the seats/bases will leave some pressure points / "bedsores" on your seat, so a protective padding will be a smart investment.

Once you make it to booster seat, its smooth sailing.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went and looked at my 4 door. They have the "latch" system built into the the back left and right seat area, not the middle one. For newbies, the 4 door has seating for 3 in the back seat, 2 door only 2). The "latch" system is a black strap with clips on each end that go through the car seat and "latch" to the seat via "latch" loops. They help with snugging the seat down so it doesn't move, way better than just a seatbelt holding a infant seat down. They are adjustable there for with a 4-door you could attache the infant seat in the middle and latch it on the inner most latches. I can only assume that the 2 door has the "latch" system on each rear seat space and you could do the same with putting infant seat in the "middle". I think the "latch" system is mandatory on all makes and models with a rear seat, maybe just one latch point.

Quick Reply: getting carseats in?