Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Gecko green paint code.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gecko green paint code.

Hello jeepers! I would like to paitn the tow hooks and possibly my custom bumper on my gecko green 13 2dr. I would like to paint match the gecko green. Does anyone have the paint code?
Old 11-16-2013, 02:58 PM
JK Newbie

This site may help. These are the 2012 codes. You can enter a different year for specifics to it, etc.

2012 Color Codes - Jeep Paint Cross-Reference
Old 11-16-2013, 03:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Isn't it in the door jamb?
Old 11-17-2013, 04:44 AM
JK Newbie

Yes it is. Under the bar code, PNT: xxxx

Here's a photo:

http://www.paintscratch.com/touch_up...Paint-Code.gif
Old 11-17-2013, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Careful going to the stealership. They will metaphorically rape you over factory paint. I have a 13 jku gecko and I shopped around on the www to get the best price in order to do custom paint work on my own. Enjoy.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:17 PM
JK Newbie

Not sure of your location, but I would think a automotive paint store may be your answer. Mix it, match it and all for a portion of the stealer ship price. It would be worth a check!!
Old 11-17-2013, 09:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

You might be able to find a shop to do it for a couple hundred bucks. By the time you buy sealer, hardener, or primer and hardener, paint, clear coat and activator, and a paint gun, and some acetone or lacquer thinner to clean the gun with, some wax and grease remover to clean the parts with, scotch brute pads or sand paper or lemon pads...might just be cheaper to have someone else do it. I charged my neighbor $100 IIRC do to an air dam for his Ram truck, but that was mostly materials and was the good neighbor discount.

And if you don't know what your doing, don't do it right, it won't last and it'll look like crap pretty quickly. A good shop will warranty the product and workmanship for life.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HardRooster
You might be able to find a shop to do it for a couple hundred bucks. By the time you buy sealer, hardener, or primer and hardener, paint, clear coat and activator, and a paint gun, and some acetone or lacquer thinner to clean the gun with, some wax and grease remover to clean the parts with, scotch brute pads or sand paper or lemon pads...might just be cheaper to have someone else do it. I charged my neighbor $100 IIRC do to an air dam for his Ram truck, but that was mostly materials and was the good neighbor discount.

And if you don't know what your doing, don't do it right, it won't last and it'll look like crap pretty quickly. A good shop will warranty the product and workmanship for life.
And if he was a bad neighbor?

Seriously, good advice HardRooster. There's always a decent painter around who works out of his garage etc.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:07 AM
JK Junkie

It's a couple of tow hooks.....go to the dealer (or qtec...or steve white mopar) and buy the gecko spray paint. It's an OEM part so it matches perfectly. Clean the hooks, paint the hooks, clear the hooks, use the hooks. There's no need to go all out and get a shop to paint the hooks.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2013, 04:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls
It's a couple of tow hooks.....go to the dealer (or qtec...or steve white mopar) and buy the gecko spray paint. It's an OEM part so it matches perfectly. Clean the hooks, paint the hooks, clear the hooks, use the hooks. There's no need to go all out and get a shop to paint the hooks. Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Just get it from dealer. It's what I did for the same project. $10 for either the pen or can. Don't turn it into a huge production. Here's what the look like...

Quick Reply: Gecko green paint code.