Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Gear Shift Rubber/Plastic thing...

Old 04-07-2009, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear Shift Rubber/Plastic thing...

I'm not sure what it's called, but in the center console where the shifter is, the rubber came up from around that crappy plastic oval, which also came up, and now that I pulled it off there is no real way to put it back on -- talk about a POS.

Is there a way to get a new one and install it myself or do I have to return to the dealership on this? Or is there a better than this garbage replacement?

I can take pictures, but I'm so annoyed with how crappy that thing is I'd rather not. I did a search for something like this but since I don't really know what to search for I'm just asking.

That thing must have cost them 3$ to make its so crappy. This is really annoying.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:52 PM
JK Junkie

I got a new one from the dealer for $28.....it is both the rubber boot and the ring.....snaps right on. Yet another option is the Billet Aluminum one fromQuadratec for like $60....
Old 04-07-2009, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SONIC
iv had mine off and on about 10 times......
are you sure youre doing it right?.....
I never took it off, two of the little plastic things busted so the rubber came out of it -- not the entire bottom piece, which is basically two separate pieces stuck together with little plastic molds, imagine the two pieces separated from each other, that's what happened.

I took the entire thing off now, I'll just get a replacement.

Quick Reply: Gear Shift Rubber/Plastic thing...