Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Gear Not Engaging

Old 08-07-2011, 05:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear Not Engaging

I have been having problems for few days. Once in a while the gear was not engaging in reverse and drive but yesterday while I was driving the Jk completely stopped. The gear is shifting but not engageing. I have tried 4H and 4L as well but nothing.

I will take the JK tomorrow to get it checked but I wanted to know step by step what should I check to figure out the problem myself. I am thinking of getting it towed to a nearby place for check up but if I need new gears I rather just take the Jk to ORE for regearing for $999
Old 08-17-2011, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by taher2.1
I have been having problems for few days. Once in a while the gear was not engaging in reverse and drive but yesterday while I was driving the Jk completely stopped. The gear is shifting but not engageing. I have tried 4H and 4L as well but nothing.

I will take the JK tomorrow to get it checked but I wanted to know step by step what should I check to figure out the problem myself. I am thinking of getting it towed to a nearby place for check up but if I need new gears I rather just take the Jk to ORE for regearing for $999
I dont think its a gearing thing. My JK is doing the same thing. I believe its a round plastic band inside your shifter that broke off. Going to pull out center console today and hope to fix it myself.

Quick Reply: Gear Not Engaging