Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Gauges

Old 10-30-2006, 09:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would def add separate voltmeter, eng oil pressure and trans fluid temp gauges and mount them nicely somewhere in a pod. they make some nice looking gauges these days.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by benmar2000
This is what I am going to get for both my KJ and JK..

Scangauge!!
Great find I'll be ordering one. Thanks for the information.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:50 AM
JK Newbie

Default temp and compass

can anybody confirm that production models have the outside temp and compass in the cluster, as in photo on this thread

if so, its a nice touch rather then in the rear view mirror

those are the things that you miss if you've had them in the past
Old 11-04-2006, 12:01 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by over's tj
can anybody confirm that production models have the outside temp and compass in the cluster, as in photo on this thread

i have the X package 23S, with the premium guage cluster.

it has outside temp, compass, trip time, miles per gallon, and miles until your out.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:20 PM
JK Freak

Default Hacking is the keyword

Originally Posted by JByer323
I know there are A pillar gauge mounts out there for the TJ, so I think eventually they are likely to come out for the JK. Kilby also makes the gauge pod dealie that chills on the dash, which is an option if it fits JKs.

Or, just take a Dremel to your dash and put it where you want. One of the things I like most about the JK interior is the large amount of hacking and mounting room.

It just isn't really "Trail Rated" until you've hacked it up a bit. "Hey Honey bring me the pork rinds, a beer and that sawsall I'm gonna put the Wal Mart clock radio we got from your mother in your new rig"
Old 11-05-2006, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

spudracer, I am trying to diagnose a engine problem on a '95 wrangler 4.0, how did your XJ act with the bad crank sensor? this one runs like it has a bad cylinder, pops and sputters, low power just happened out on the trail after some hard wheeling, all the basic items have been checked, Im thinking a bad sensor or maybe a blown head gasket. any input welcome
It wouldn't start, but cranked over fine. There was no power to the ignition system. Once the flywheel sensor was replaced, it fired right up and has been running fine since.

Tom
Bryson City, NC
Old 11-05-2006, 11:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
It wouldn't start, but cranked over fine. There was no power to the ignition system. Once the flywheel sensor was replaced, it fired right up and has been running fine since.

Tom
Bryson City, NC
thanks.
but this one runs, but like it is missing
Old 11-15-2006, 09:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by over's tj

I can't wait to replace the Mirror with the TJ Rubi one, so I can use the cluster for DTE.

Quick Reply: Gauges