Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Gas overflows when I fill up

Old 07-16-2011, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pumps in Oklahoma are variable too. Got my tank replaced on my 08 under the recall a couple of months ago. Mine just happened to be included in the build dates.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, ok, well thanks a lot then. I will have to take it in and see what they will do.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:58 AM
JK Newbie

Yep, we have settings on our pumps... I hate going to pumps that don't have them.. I usually clean my windows while the gas is pumping. On the ones that don't have them, I keep a tennis ball, or an empty drink container to jam in there. Haven't done that with the JK yet, so I don't know if it would cause it to spill or not.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just had mine looked at - it was outside the time line for the service bulletin as well. Turns out my fuel tube was blocked. Apparently not covered by warranty because when they say "fuel system" they don't mean the WHOLE fuel system. (insert eye roll here)

I am fighting with Chrysler over it.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's not a recall, it's an extension of the warranty. But a dealership should honor the warranty if you tell them you are having problems. Mine did the same thing, got fuel everywhere, felt like a fool. I learned to just stop when the pump clicks off the first time. My dealership fixed it in about 90 minutes.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zking1776
It's not a recall, it's an extension of the warranty. But a dealership should honor the warranty if you tell them you are having problems. Mine did the same thing, got fuel everywhere, felt like a fool. I learned to just stop when the pump clicks off the first time. My dealership fixed it in about 90 minutes.
You are correct, it's a TSB.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuel TSB.png
Views:	75
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	182786  
Old 12-13-2011, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Brought my 2007 in today for the gas overflow issue and the dealer is ordering me a new tank. They said it will be covered 100% under the TSB. I am not the original owner but they said the warranty was extended for this particular issue. Good news!!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 01:13 PM
JK Newbie

Default Glad

Originally Posted by newrm76
Brought my 2007 in today for the gas overflow issue and the dealer is ordering me a new tank. They said it will be covered 100% under the TSB. I am not the original owner but they said the warranty was extended for this particular issue. Good news!!!!
To hear this. I purchased my 07 a couple of months ago and need to get this in to be fixed as well!

Quick Reply: Gas overflows when I fill up