Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Gap After New Starter Instalation

Old 06-08-2015, 11:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gap After New Starter Instalation

Hey guys, wanted to pick you brains about a starter question. So I was having some grinding upon start up, so I replaced the starter on my 2008 JK with one from O'reily. Checked compatibility prior to purchase and it's the right one for my JK. It looks identical in size and shape to the old one. Started up great after, very quick, no grinding etc... I did notice however that there is a small gap on the right side of the starter once installed that I don't recall being there before. Not sure is this is an issue because it installed perfectly and I'm assuming when the starter is seated correctly that no water or anything cab go anywhere other than the small open section. Wanted to get any thoughts folks had and see if anyone has had similar experience with a starter replacement. Click image for larger version

Name:	JK starter.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	614071

Any help is much appreciated.

Quick Reply: Gap After New Starter Instalation