Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

FYI....2011-2012 JK TSB.......Leaking

Old 01-24-2012, 07:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MYJKJEEP
Hey all, I did a lot of research on this subject.....I had my '12 JK in for the infamous leak issue. There is a TSB on this problem.....it is not a recall as of yet, per the dealership. Mine was leaking from both right and left front sides.

They showed me what it consists of. It is a little kit that comes w/ new BIGGER seals for the top frame, and smaller insert seals that go under the existing door weatherstrip in 3 places.......all of this comes in 1 packet per side.

When I picked it up I inspected with a fine tooth comb.....as it only has 2400 miles on it. The job was done very cleanly. It is supposed to rain tonight......so that will be the determining factor.....although when I picked it up from the dealer the outside was wet and the inside was dry....so we are a step in the right direction!!

I know that this thread is sort of useless without pics.....and I am sorry for that...I will take some pics tomorrow when it is light out. Hopefully any of you out there that have this problem can get it taken care of like I did! HOPEFULLY being the key word!! Jeep on!!!!!

By the way, what's the TSB number?
Old 09-04-2012, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tylerm78
Had anyone experienced a leak like this? Twice I've come out when my JKU was parked in my driveway and the backseat and floor were wet. My driveway is pretty step and it seems to be coming from were the freedom panels meet the back piece. I've checked and its seems tight, even the screws, I think that's where its coming from. Only happens when it sits at that angle in a pretty good rain. Have had it through plenty of carwashes and not one drip.
This just happened to me!
Old 09-05-2012, 03:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 2012 soft top and it leaks bad on passenger side here is a pic on we're I think it's coming from. I need to take it to dealer.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2257316950.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	362351  
Old 09-05-2012, 06:00 AM
JK Newbie

Does anyone have the TSB number for this or a link so we could print it out?
Old 09-05-2012, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bbermann
Does anyone have the TSB number for this or a link so we could print it out?
Send me a PM with your email and I'll email two PDFs of the TSBs.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Made an appointment with dealership. But my jeep was built after October 2011 not sure if service bulletin is updated for mine
Old 09-06-2012, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Interesting -- I have a 2012 JKUR with the soft top installed (dual top option) and have had NO leaking whatsoever. Does this TSB apply to all 2011/2012 models or just 2012 models as of a certain date and earlier? The reason I ask is that I was just at the dealer a couple of weeks ago for another issue (warranty-related) and the service manager looked and stated that there were NO TSBs for my vehicle, and this thread is WAY older than my visit.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gort
Interesting -- I have a 2012 JKUR with the soft top installed (dual top option) and have had NO leaking whatsoever. Does this TSB apply to all 2011/2012 models or just 2012 models as of a certain date and earlier? The reason I ask is that I was just at the dealer a couple of weeks ago for another issue (warranty-related) and the service manager looked and stated that there were NO TSBs for my vehicle, and this thread is WAY older than my visit.
1. Never assume the service manager is being honest.
2. Never assume the service manager is as obsessed about your Jeep as you are.
3. The TSBs apply to 2011-2012 JKs most notably those 2012s built before November 2011 but that doesn't mean others are fine. The TSB was released in Jan '12
Old 09-06-2012, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thedrod
1. Never assume the service manager is being honest.
2. Never assume the service manager is as obsessed about your Jeep as you are.
3. The TSBs apply to 2011-2012 JKs most notably those 2012s built before November 2011 but that doesn't mean others are fine. The TSB was released in Jan '12
I did see the computer screen when he did his lookup because he showed me. Perhaps he's got the special customer-is-shoulder-surfing key?

I don't have any reason to distrust this dealership because they've always treated me well and typically go out of their way for me -- but I don't have any special reason to trust them, either. That's why I was asking. My thought was that some part change was made mid-year and that my very late 2012 build (May 31, 2012) may have had the new parts installed at the factory.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gort
I did see the computer screen when he did his lookup because he showed me. Perhaps he's got the special customer-is-shoulder-surfing key?

I don't have any reason to distrust this dealership because they've always treated me well and typically go out of their way for me -- but I don't have any special reason to trust them, either. That's why I was asking. My thought was that some part change was made mid-year and that my very late 2012 build (May 31, 2012) may have had the new parts installed at the factory.
I would imagine this is correct.

Truth be told, a TSB is really just a way of saying "hey mechanics, yeah we know its a problem, this is whats wrong and how we fix it." Even if yours starts leaking, I'm sure you'll be fine with warranty.

Quick Reply: FYI....2011-2012 JK TSB.......Leaking