Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Fuse for 3rd brake light?

Old 09-26-2013, 12:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse for 3rd brake light?

Could someone please help me figure out which fuse to check for the third brake light on 2012 JK

Thank you

Matthew
Old 09-26-2013, 02:26 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Fuse M1. It's listed on the inside of the TIPM cover, along with a map showing its location.

Are you having a problem with your CHMSL?

Last edited by ronjenx; 09-26-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's got it^^^^. Had mine go out while I was installing lug nut brake lights

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 09-26-2013, 05:49 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Fuse M1. It's listed on the inside of the TIPM cover, along with a map showing its location. Are you having a problem with your CHMSL?
First, what is CHMSL?

Thanks for the answer, I just knew it would be you with the info, I have perfect vision(when wearing my contacts) and I still can't make out every little bit of printed data on that fuse cover

Is there a PDF somewhere with an easier to read version?

Matthew

Old 09-26-2013, 05:56 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by fultonromero12
He's got it^^^^. Had mine go out while I was installing lug nut brake lights Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
What a coincidence...that is exactly what I was attempting to install!

Not thrilled with the product so far, the way it fits, or in this case, doesn't fit the empty hole in the wheel is kind of lame

Maybe it depends on your tire carrier but my Ace tire carrier didn't go along with the sparse instructions

Did you get yours installed and working ok?

I had to goto the hardware store anyway and I found some rubber washers a little bit bigger than a quarter, with varying size holes

So I got two with the smallest size hole and I think one of those on the backside of the rim might make a damn fine friction device to keep these lights in place better, at least in my instance...

Matthew

Old 09-26-2013, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine do not fit in there as good as I would like. I figured for $40 @4wheelparts I would get something rather decent but at this point you can achieve the same thing I did for $10 on some basic 3/4" red LEDs off eBay.i am using the stock Sahara 18"as my spare. They fit but only by having tension on the wires from behind. Not to mention I had to trim the connectors so they would go through the back of the lug holes in the rim.more trouble than its worth. Look good but hate it cost $40

Old 09-26-2013, 06:11 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
First, what is CHMSL?
Center High Mounted Stop Light
Old 09-27-2013, 01:16 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ronjenx

Center High Mounted Stop Light
First off, yes it was M1 just as pictured, now my center high mounted stop light is working just fine!

Hmm sounds almost like a European description

So you just have a spare fuse box hanging around so you can put in the one fuse in question so you can go above and beyond helping someone?

I gotta meet you sometime and buy you a beer or maybe a steak!

Do you goto the Jamboree in Bethel? Or do you ever make it to All Wheels? Or anyplace south of Lewiston?

Your always the one to count on for great solid and dead on electrical advice...

Thanks again

Matthew
Old 09-27-2013, 02:06 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
First off, yes it was M1 just as pictured, now my center high mounted stop light is working just fine!

Hmm sounds almost like a European description

So you just have a spare fuse box hanging around so you can put in the one fuse in question so you can go above and beyond helping someone?

I gotta meet you sometime and buy you a beer or maybe a steak!

Do you goto the Jamboree in Bethel? Or do you ever make it to All Wheels? Or anyplace south of Lewiston?

Your always the one to count on for great solid and dead on electrical advice...

Thanks again

Matthew
I have an '08 TIPM from a junk yard. When I ordered it, the yard sent me a very expensive left hand outside mirror from a Porsche. They were so glad I sent it back, they let me have the TIPM free of charge.
It's the one I used in this thread:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...-study-174919/

I don't get to southern Maine much any more. The woods and mountains in the western and northern parts of the state keep me pretty busy, along with the railroad in Ellsworth.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:00 PM
JK Newbie

Default chmsl stop working help!!!

OK I Was installing my 3rd brake light back on to my swing out tire carrier and now the light don't work I have checked fuse M1 and it seems good my jeep is only 5 days old why is it not working

Quick Reply: Fuse for 3rd brake light?