Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

fuel light on

Old 09-12-2023, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel light on

Hi everyone, I have a problem with the fuel pump. Even though there is half a tank of diesel fuel, all it takes is a bend or braking to give me the yellow diesel reserve warning light. Then after a while the needle goes up but not precisely... Where can I go to solve this? Because this situation is quite boring. It's on reserve and I don't know how many km it will do. Sorry for the writing errors. Thank you
Old 09-13-2023, 10:03 AM
RwH
JK Newbie

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

If I'm understanding you correctly, you are having a problem with intermittent fuel level sensing. I would start with the fuel sending unit in the tank. Sounds to me like it might be gummed up, or getting stuck as the fuel moves around in the tank.
The following users liked this post:
AntonioJK11 (09-13-2023)
Old 09-13-2023, 10:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, exactly, a curve or braking is enough for the level to be low. Could you explain better where to put your hands? Thank you

Originally Posted by RwH
If I'm understanding you correctly, you are having a problem with intermittent fuel level sensing. I would start with the fuel sending unit in the tank. Sounds to me like it might be gummed up, or getting stuck as the fuel moves around in the tank.
Old 09-13-2023, 10:53 AM
RwH
JK Newbie

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

The fuel sending unit on your Jeep is located in the fuel tank. You’ll need to drop the fuel tank to access from the top.
The following users liked this post:
AntonioJK11 (09-13-2023)

Quick Reply: fuel light on