Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Fuel Injectors fall under Power train Warranty (Code P0295)?

Old 03-26-2017, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts
Default Fuel Injectors fall under Power train Warranty (Code P0295)?

Hi everyone,
For my teenage son, I just purchased him his 1st vehicle from a private seller. It's a 2014 Jeep Patriot Limited 4WD. I know....my apologies ahead of time to the Wrangler crowd.

Anyways, before purchase I brought my bluedriver OBDII scanner with me where I was able to pull a P0295 code. No Check engine light was on.

I got the following information in regards to a Code P0295.

P0295= Cylinder 12 Injector "A" Circuit High

Possible causes

Dirty Fuel Injector 12
Faulty Fuel Injector 12
Plugged Fuel Injector 12
Fuel injector 12 harness is open or shorted
Fuel injector 12 circuit poor electrical connection

Possible symptoms

Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
Engine Misfire
Engine Run Rough
Low MPG

Tech Notes
Clogged or partially clogged fuel injector can cause this code. Start by performing an injector flush before
replacing the injector.

So I was thinking of taking this to the shop and have them perform a proper fuel injector cleaning, then clear the code and take it from there to see if the code comes back.

Then I also started considering that this vehicle still has a 5year/100K miles Power Train warranty on it and since it's a code that starts with a "P", that means it falls under the power train classification. So was considering taking it to a dealer and have them look at it to see if it could be repaired under warranty.

Anyone have any experience with fuel injector maintenance/repair using the Power Train warranty?

Last edited by Rednroll; 03-26-2017 at 08:55 AM.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:10 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

While you are waiting to hear from someone who has been covered or denied coverage...

According to the 2014 warranty booklet, injectors are on the list of covered items only for the diesel engine.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Ron, I just found that same information on the Jeep webiste here:

http://m.jeep.com/crossbrand/6.7/war...p_Warranty.pdf

I'm still trying to read through that document to see where anything fuel injectors would fall under for gasoline engines.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

I think I found where fuel injectors fall under. If no one has had any personal experience, I suppose I could double check with the dealership.

Old 03-26-2017, 12:01 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Thanks Ron, I just found that same information on the Jeep webiste here:

http://m.jeep.com/crossbrand/6.7/war...p_Warranty.pdf

I'm still trying to read through that document to see where anything fuel injectors would fall under for gasoline engines.
Fuel injectors also fall under the basic warranty with this statement: " There is no list of covered parts since the only exception are tires and Unwired headphones."

Last edited by ronjenx; 03-26-2017 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator

Just as an FYI, incase it could apply to a similar problem on the Wrangler. I decided to not bother going through the dealer under the power train warranty. Just seemed like an unlikely scenario they would fix it based on the information discussed.

So I went to a local shop where most of them seem to use a BK fuel injector service kit. From what was described to me, it is a 3 stage fuel system cleaning kit where the shops on average charge $130 to perform this service. So that's what I had done and performing that service cleared the code I was seeing related to the fuel injector.

BK Fuel Injector kit cleaning overview of steps.
1. Cleaner spray used to clean intake throttle body. Throttle body is opened using external computer control.
2. Fuel injector flush using BK cleaner with OTC type flush tool. Remove intake vacuum hose, disconnect fuel pump, run cleaner through engine.
3. reset ECM to remove any previously set fuel system adjustments.
4. Poor bottle of BK cleaner/anti oxidation into fuel tank.

Quick Reply: Fuel Injectors fall under Power train Warranty (Code P0295)?