Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Front track bar questions

Old 11-13-2016, 07:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i went searching on rock auto idk i didn't think to look there i do have a press so it wont be hard to press out the old bushings and press the new ones in it seems 16 dollars is a lot cheaper the 125 for a new one and i got the MOOG bushings so i will update when i get it all out and back together thanks everyone for all the responses this forum is so great for even the new jeep people to ask questions and get responses thanks again everyone
Old 11-21-2016, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

OK so I removed the track bar and pressed our the old bushings but my little press couldn't press the new ones so I went down and has the shop down the road from me press them in and now good as new
Old 11-23-2016, 06:24 AM
JK Freak

I replaced the bushing in TF TB. Tried to use a 10 ton press, no budge, went to the auto craft shop, the 25 ton press put it in just fine.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OverKill
I replaced the bushing in TF TB. Tried to use a 10 ton press, no budge, went to the auto craft shop, the 25 ton press put it in just fine.
Another thing you can do is throw the new bushing in the freezer if you have a deep freeze even better, did this on my xj trac bar and could almost put it in with just a small child's hammer

Quick Reply: Front track bar questions