Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Front Track Bar adjustment

Old 04-19-2018, 06:32 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,699 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken_jku
Ok I guess you’ve done this a few times! Lol great info. Any recommendation on a castor correction kit?
If you're on a tight budget, just look at some control arm brackets. AEV & Rubicon Express make some that around $80-$110. They are 2-piece designs that are a little cumbersome to install, but not bad. Rancho makes a nice 1-piece design that runs a bit more...like $160. If you go the bracket route, make sure they offering multiple mounting holes instead of just 1. At that height, I probably wouldn't suggest going with just adjustable lower control arms. If you go control arm route, you should do both uppers and lowers up front. With less lift, you can get by easier with just the lowers.

Y, I hate to say it, but you're probably in for kind of a frustrating build. Lifting that his isn't a cheap thing. Adding larger tires will stress all those steering components too.....which means you need to think about upgrading along the way. Things like that which aren't accounted for up front eat in to budget and kinda cause a lot of headaches. Up front.....you really need to keep an eye on ball joints. Big tires love to eat em up....and it's not a super cheap fix.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok will do. My goal was to lift the jeep on a budget and then slowly replace other parts as needed. I just didn’t have $2500 for a lift kit, but I don’t mind spendimg money on it over the next year and spread out the spending.

they did tell me during the alignment that the ball joints don’t have much life left in them so that will be my next purchase. My jeep has nearly 100,000 miles on it and I plan on keeping it for a long time so I recently decided to start upgrading It. it will def need a lot of TLC in the coming years 👍

Quick Reply: Front Track Bar adjustment