Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

front tires leaning in at top

Old 03-03-2009, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front tires leaning in at top

i have an 08 jk x and it has 11k on it.my front tires are leaning in at the top to the tune of about 1 1/2 inches from the bottom of the tire.ive heard of the dana 35s having a problem with the inner c's bending and causing this.has anyone else had this problem?im a member od MSJ and none of us except me has had this problem.i found a fix for it but i would think it would be a waranty issue cause it has the lifetime powertrain waranty.and help would be apreciated, thanks
Old 03-03-2009, 01:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by horsenround
i have an 08 jk x and it has 11k on it.my front tires are leaning in at the top to the tune of about 1 1/2 inches from the bottom of the tire.ive heard of the dana 35s having a problem with the inner c's bending and causing this.has anyone else had this problem?im a member od MSJ and none of us except me has had this problem.i found a fix for it but i would think it would be a waranty issue cause it has the lifetime powertrain waranty.and help would be apreciated, thanks
Are you running a stock setup? Also, are you sure you have a Dana 35? I think in '08 fronts were all Dana 30's and Dana 44's. There are some issues with Dana 30's and larger tires, but I have not heard anything about stock setups having problems.

If you are running stock, this would definitely be a warranty issue (If you have not been hammering on it)
Old 03-03-2009, 01:22 PM
JK Newbie

yes everything is stock except the 35 mud grabbers and a 4 inch lift.been doing the 4s at superlift ,but im not the only one.just seem to be the only one with this prob.i asked the dealer if the mods i have done would effect the waranty and they said no.it could be a dana 30 but i thought it was a 35.im not real sure now lol.its at the dealer now and i should hear from them soon.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

35s on a stock D30 could cause problems. You wheel at all?
Old 03-03-2009, 01:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JeepinMass
35s on a stock D30 could cause problems. You wheel at all?
No doubt. If the dealer will repair it under warranty, great. But the 35's with a lift probably caused the issue with the 30. Do a search on strengthening the Dana 30, there is a ton of information on the board related to it.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

um thats an awfully BIG except a 4in lift and 35s lol....I hope your get it covered by warranty but I cant see them doing it unless they are just that starved for work. Good Luck

Once you get it fixed then beef it up with these
http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...ORE-C2-GUSSETS

you could also add a rockkrawler axle truss and or Mt Logan tube sleeves. I am guessing you wheeled it hard to bend both
Old 03-03-2009, 02:38 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why u postin in stock when u got 4in of lift and 35's?
Old 03-03-2009, 03:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Why u postin in stock when u got 4in of lift and 35's?
Ahhh, the mystery's of life and newbies.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:04 PM
JK Freak

It's an X, which means it's a D30 up front (unless someone put in a D44). As for the axle C's, both the D44 and D30 have this issue, as their C's are the same. It is caused from running larger tires on the Jeep. There are gussets made by EVO to keep that from happening, but I haven't heard of a way to straighten them back out.

Look here....https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...highlight=axle

Quick Reply: front tires leaning in at top