Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Front speed sensor, what came out doesn't match

Old 09-29-2023, 06:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Do not have cruise control, power anything or AC. JK is a base model. I was well aware of those TIPM issues on purchase.
Old 07-25-2024, 04:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having same problem

Were you able to find the correct sensor? I’ve bought 4 different sensors and all of them are too long. Dealership and mechanic can’t figure it out.

Old 07-25-2024, 04:38 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,699 Posts

Originally Posted by MiLEHiGH
Were you able to find the correct sensor? I’ve bought 4 different sensors and all of them are too long. Dealership and mechanic can’t figure it out.

What is pictured on the right is not a factory sensor, and I would bet dollars to donuts that is not a factory unit bearing. when you replace unit bearings they come with new speed sensors installed and they are not the same as factory. so, you are trying to install a factory speedsensor in an aftermarket unit bearing that is is not made for. You're going to be better off just replacing the whole unit bearing IMO. They don't cost that much. There is no way of knowing which unit bearing you currently have in order to find the perfect speed sensor to fit in it.
The following 2 users liked this post by resharp001:
JimWPB (07-29-2024), tango romeo papa circa 67 (07-26-2024)

Quick Reply: Front speed sensor, what came out doesn't match