Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Front Seats Spotting

Old 04-08-2009, 10:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Seats Spotting

Newbie here with an 08' Wrangler wondering if seat spotting would be covered under warranty? My front driver seat has white spots starting to show on it and the tops have never been off to get the seat wet and my wife and I don't eat or drink in the Jeep. Only has about 4K on it and I thought the dealer said they were scotch guarded? LOL and those with dirty minds no they are not those spots, haven't broke in the jeep yet, LOL.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

You know I have some spots as well. In the front and the back, never knew how they got there ( except the ones in the back I know how they got there ) but they come off pretty easy with some warm water and soap. Or you can use this spray called "Awesome". its yellow and I get it from the 99 cents store.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Newbie

Mystery solved. Took it by the dealer and they told me that the seats in the new cars spot when water drops hit them. Seats are designed to resist stains but for some reason when water hits them they spot. The way to fix this I was told was to take a damp rag and wipe the whole seat at one time and the spots will go away. Strange but oh well worth a shot. Thanks

Quick Reply: Front Seats Spotting