Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

front seat noise

Old 12-20-2011, 04:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found and "fixed" mine.
Figured out that when the seat was set as low as it would go is when it was squeaky. But if I pulled up on the seat height adjustment arm one time it would go away.
Of course The engineers that deigned these seats are idiots. Every time I would get out of the jeep my azz would push the leaver down and thus lower the seat and the squeak would come back.
So my "fix" was this. I lowered the seat, then pulled up on the arm one time. Removed the center cap and bolt holding the arm to the seat. Pulled the arm off (making sure not to raise or lower the seat. Placed the arm at about 7 o-clock and replaced the bolt and cap.
Now the arm is on there and is not going to fall off but it's not locked in. If I pull up on the arm it will raise the seat but if I pull to hard it will rotate and drop into it's normal spot and then it will be lose. Being that I don't hit it getting in and out now I never have to move it anyways. And I think it looks better then just removing it like some do.
I've had it it this was for a few months and it's been great. Should have been this way from the factory.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

mine still squeaks, been at the dealer twice. First time they greased it it lasted a few weeks the second time (just the other day) and the squeak came back with in a 1/2 hour leaving the dealership. Id love to see some pictures of what people have done to fix this. Im going to freaken lose it soon. that noise is driving me nuts and I only have 20,000 klms on my 2011.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine squeaked shortly after leaving the dealership. Sprayed a touch of dw40 on the bolts underneath with some success. Then wheeled the jeep and hit some hard bumps, must have been what was needed. Been quiet ever since.

Quick Reply: front seat noise