Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Front electric windows intermittent

Old 03-08-2008, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front electric windows intermittent

Twice in the last three months after starting the engine my front windows have failed to respond to either up or down switches. The fix - turn off the engine and restart. This suggests an initialization problem with one of the CAN bus modules. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 03-08-2008, 06:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have also had this problem twice in the last two months. The first time all 4 windows wouldn't work, took it to the dealer and they had no clue, started the jeep to leave and they worked again, second time was this week, Only the front ones stopped working this time, turned the jeep off and right back on and they started working again. It will really get annoying if it starts doing it more often.

I originally thought the dealer messed something up when they replaced my drivers door lock actuator that went bad. But that wasn't it.

Who knows if someone knows the cure let us po-folk know

Quick Reply: Front electric windows intermittent