Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Front Bearing Replacement

Old 07-10-2010, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Bearing Replacement

I did a search, tried a few key words....got some results, but nothing outlining what it takes to replace a front wheel bearing in a JK. Had my JK into ORW today for a quick welding repair and they noted my passanger front wheel had some freeplay and the bearing was going bad.....makes some sense as I see some weird tread wear and the rig starts to shake a bit at or around 85mph...not the steering wheel, the whole jeep gets rough.

I found posts with part numbers but the number is for a hub with a bearing. Do I need to replace the whole hub or is it easy enough to press the old bearing out and grease/install a new bearing in a JK? Any pix or write ups my search ability has missed?

Thanks!
Old 07-10-2010, 09:01 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by dblhelx
Do I need to replace the whole hub or is it easy enough to press the old bearing out and grease/install a new bearing in a JK? Any pix or write ups my search ability has missed?

Thanks!
Go here to see why you have to replace the entire hub assembly if the bearings are bad:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ighlight=study

Last edited by ronjenx; 07-10-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply!

Quick Reply: Front Bearing Replacement