Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Front axel u-joint exploded

Old 04-21-2009, 08:05 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shoulda brought the service manager and his guys an ice chest of beer, alot cheaper than an axle and labor.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by commander
well my jeep has been at the dealer for two days waiting for the parts to come in and they are telling me they might not cover it they are waiting for the district manager to decide if it is covered what a load of crap if you ask me...
when are they going to tell you after they install the parts? F*** that I'd tell them to stick it up their ass if they charge you and tow it to a 4wd shop and get alloy usa's put in
Old 04-21-2009, 09:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by john smack
I almost spit coffee all over the service advisor when she told me $67 bucks.
I asked them why so much for so little fluid and all they said is "thats what we charge... sorry"
Thats stupid..I would go to a different dealer,If it had not failed you would not need the fluid.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tkob1060
when are they going to tell you after they install the parts? F*** that I'd tell them to stick it up their ass if they charge you and tow it to a 4wd shop and get alloy usa's put in
that's exactly what I'm going to do I'm going to call them today and find out if their not going to cover it....if not then ill fix it my self with alloy shafts I'm not going to pay them to put shit back in that's for sure just to have it happen again ....I can't believe they are screwing me on a u-joint what did I get the extended warranty for........
Old 04-22-2009, 07:00 AM
JK Super Freak

OUCH
Old 04-22-2009, 09:00 AM
JK Newbie

just a quick update the dealer said that they are not covering it because the skid plates had dents and I had a broken tail light they said it was abused this is complete crap any suggestion on fighting it or just go alloy axel shafts and forget it that's my option right now......

Quick Reply: Front axel u-joint exploded