Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Freedom Top Panel: Windshield Latches

Old 08-19-2010, 08:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freedom Top Panel: Windshield Latches

So this is going to be a pain in the neck description. But I've noticed that the passenger side panel windshield latch does not go as far as it use to over the striker, the rubber stopper that should solidly hug the striker doesn't seem to go nearly as far as the driver side one does... Does any one know what I'm talking about, and does it matter as it seems the rest of the panels go on fine, and no leaking thus far (had them on and off about 10 times, always following the instructions properly)
Old 08-19-2010, 10:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand what you are saying also. My passenger side also seems to not latch as far in as the drivers side. I noticed this 3 years ago and decided to leave it alone because it did not leak. I take the freedom panels off and on a lot, and it still does not leak.

Make sure the rubber piece on the panel latch is fully seated on the mount.

Other than that sometimes an occasional decision of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" is not a bad thing.

Last edited by Yankee; 08-19-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yankee
I understand what you are saying also. My passenger side also seems to not latch as far in as the drivers side. I noticed this 3 years ago and decided to leave it alone because it did not leak. I take the freedom panels off and on a lot, and it still does not leak.

Make sure the rubber piece on the panel latch is fully seated on the mount.

Other than that sometimes an occasional decision of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" is not a bad thing.
It's fully seated, just not far enough in the "proverbial seat".

Thanks for the advice, not too worried.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when latched, see if you can push it up and off. if you can't push it off it would be good enough for me.

good god you could cause a leak. as stated above if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Quick Reply: Freedom Top Panel: Windshield Latches