Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

freedom soft top?

Old 03-03-2009, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default freedom soft top?

I was talking to a guy the other day and he was telling me that I had a freedom soft top and that I could fold the front part open without taking the whole top down. I was wondering if anyone had any pics of how to do this? If so please help if you can. Thanks in advance
Old 03-03-2009, 06:28 PM
JK Freak

If you have a Sunrider soft top you can do this. If your JK is a 4 door, it has a Sunrider, if it is a 2 door, it may be a Sunrider or may not be, depends on the year and options on the JK. If your side bows just over the drivers door have a sliding plastic sleeve that covers a hinge, then you have a Sunrider. Slide the sleeve forward and unlatch the two latches over the windshield and you can fold the front of the top back. You should have two straps with velcro on them about a foot long that will wrap around the bows when you have them folded back to keep things from flying about in the wind. Freedom tops are the hard tops.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

What he said.

Quick Reply: freedom soft top?