Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Fox steering stabilizer

Old 06-11-2012, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fox steering stabilizer

Advice needed on a Fox 2.0 performance series IFP steering stabilizer. Will it make the steering to stiff or heavy on a 0 lift 2012 with stock rubicon tires?
Old 06-11-2012, 03:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

Is there a problem you are trying to fix?
Old 06-11-2012, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

No,just putting on the fox shocks.thinking of adding the stabilizer.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hskr
Advice needed on a Fox 2.0 performance series IFP steering stabilizer. Will it make the steering to stiff or heavy on a 0 lift 2012 with stock rubicon tires?
Put one on mine I run 37's and it helped shouldn't make it heavy or stiff
Old 07-31-2012, 03:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by hskr
Fox 2.0 ifp steering stabilizer (silver body, black and white stickers)
This is almost a review.. hehe
I didn't find detailed information regarding performance and feel around the forums... hope this helps.

My suspension is stock, 2010 wrangler sport 2 door with 16" steelies and 255/75/16 tires.

The steering doesn't feel heavier at all, but is totally more stable than stock. there are a couple of bumps on the road outside my home that I drive every day over at around 15 to 20 mph, usually there was a little bit of shake on the steering wheel, nothing bad.. just a little, what you could consider normal. (after the stock mopar stabilizer broke the shake on the steering wheel was really bad going over the bumps, and the front suspension also vibrated and rattled)
after installing the fox stabilizer there is no shake at all, like if it had shut off the force feedback on the steering wheel! the other thing I feel that changed a little is the kick back on the steering wheel when you release it while doing a turn, the kick back feels softer.. and in general I don't feel that I need to apply more force to turn the wheels... feels the same.
The reason I got it was the stock mopar stabilizer stopped working (no damage signs on the outside)
can upload some pictures if you want to check it out.

Cheers!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I thought about the Fox kit as well but then i found out its for stock ride height. Ill be adding a mild lift down the road and dont want to have to buy another kit.

Quick Reply: Fox steering stabilizer