Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Found a solution to staned black plastic parts.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't laught too hard at this as I'm just passing it along and I've never tried it. Members of some of the F-150 sites that I'm a member swear that peanut butter will remove wax stains from black plastic. Apparantly you smear smooth peanut butter on the stain and let it set for a few minutes and the ingredients will remove the stain.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wandell
Don't laught too hard at this as I'm just passing it along and I've never tried it. Members of some of the F-150 sites that I'm a member swear that peanut butter will remove wax stains from black plastic. Apparantly you smear smooth peanut butter on the stain and let it set for a few minutes and the ingredients will remove the stain.
It works. Likely the sticky peanut butter clings to the dirt better than the plastic, and the oil shines it up. Note that this also makes your fenders irresistibly delicious to the neighborhood dogs and they will be licking your fenders like popsicles.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:06 AM
JK Freak

Simple green takes just about everything off soft tops and hard plastic and is pretty cheap for a gallon. I dilute to 50:50 which makes the gallon last longer and works just as well.

Peanut butter works great as well, a ton of muscle car guys use it as well.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've been using Armoral wipes and they have been great. I did the fenders and the bumpers.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:06 AM
JK Freak

For small waxy residue spots, a plain old eraser works wonders
Old 06-29-2011, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

Not too long after getting my Jeep it was raining and I drove down a street that had recently been graded for paving. Even though it continued to rain the 'mud' stained my fenders. I went in search of something that would get rid of the stains. I read on here - not this thread though - about the peanut butter so I decided to give it a shot. 30 minutes later the bumpers and fenders looked awesome!!

Before:

After:

Thanks for the info folks!!
Old 06-29-2011, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do local auto stores carry the #39 or does it have to be ordered online?
Old 06-29-2011, 07:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on the inside black trim of the kick panels where dirt gets in the grooves, liquid gold works great. it's made for wood, but used inside vehicles for use and doesn't plasticize. also works well on the dash and a pillar
Old 06-29-2011, 08:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ImWhisper
Not too long after getting my Jeep it was raining and I drove down a street that had recently been graded for paving. Even though it continued to rain the 'mud' stained my fenders. I went in search of something that would get rid of the stains. I read on here - not this thread though - about the peanut butter so I decided to give it a shot. 30 minutes later the bumpers and fenders looked awesome!!

Before:

After:

Thanks for the info folks!!
So how much do you put on; like a regular-sized jar per fender flare or more/less. Also, do you just spread it on & let it sit or do you need to rub it in?
Old 07-07-2011, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

I used maybe 3/4 cup total. Rubbed it on and wiped it off with a wet rag. That's it. Love easy and cheap!

Quick Reply: Found a solution to staned black plastic parts.