Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Folding soft top,

Old 06-13-2007, 04:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Folding soft top,

Ok, it may be a stupid question, but is there a "good" way to fold the soft top ? I look in the owner manual and followed the instruction. I have a 2 doors if it can help. Here is a picture that show how mine stand after folding:

Old 06-13-2007, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

the top is made to fold like an accordian.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

Hey cndjeep! Are you also on passionjeep? I think I remember seeing pictures of your jeep there. I have the black 2 door X

Folding the soft top is rather tricky. As mentionned, it is suppose to fold like an accordian. I usually manage to have 2 folds on top, one in in the middle of the driver/passenger window area, then one in the middle of the back part (rear driver/passenger), then fold all the way down, it usually folds in fairly flat in the trunk area. The 2 panels, I tend to push them underneath the folded top and tuck them under so they are hiding in the trunk. It's hard to explain, i'll do it friday and take pictures.

It took me a while to figure it out. IMO, don't follow the manual much, the instructions are very vague.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

Hello 07JK_girlie !
Yes I'm on Passion Jeep forum also ! You got the eye ! Accordian hugh.? Yeh it's not easy to get it perfectly.. When the top is fully down, I notice that there is some stress applied to the plastic trim that clip in the door frame, above the doors. I just want to make sure that these trims won't brake with the time. Look forward to see your pics.
Thanks
Old 06-13-2007, 08:32 PM
JK Freak

Get inside the Jeep when you put the top down, and fold, tuck, fold, tuck ... make sure the folds are straight from side to side. If you do a search on here you should find alot of info and pics.

Quick Reply: Folding soft top,