Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

fogged up.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fogged up.

After 3 winters, i accept that my jeep leaks like a mother f%#er. I'm curious if there is any way to combat the moisture inside. I can't see out of anything but my windshield on most rainy days and it scares me. The inside of my jeep is dripping wet and once I start driving and warm the jeep up, the condensation is insane. Since the dealership has washed their hands of honouring my warrenty, is there anything I can do?
Old 01-07-2011, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Would rain X or some other solution applied to interior plastics help you out? Or are you hard windows/top? I am half top and soft al; the way around. I also live somewhere that God meant us to reside - the sunny South!https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/images/smilies/bleh.gif
Old 01-07-2011, 06:42 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Is it because of wet carpets? Pull 'em out if it is.

Are you using defrost mode? The A/C will dry the air.

Are you using "recirculate" at all? That will make it worse. Recirculate shouldn't be working in either of the defrost modes.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OzzyPotter
Would rain X or some other solution applied to interior plastics help you out? Or are you hard windows/top? I am half top and soft al; the way around. I also live somewhere that God meant us to reside - the sunny South!https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/images/smilies/bleh.gif
I sure wasn't meant to live in this rain forest! I have dual tops. Not sure if rain X would work inside or not. It would be worth a try. It isn't droplets of water though, it is just a foggy interior.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Is it because of wet carpets? Pull 'em out if it is.

Are you using defrost mode? The A/C will dry the air.

Are you using "recirculate" at all? That will make it worse. Recirculate shouldn't be working in either of the defrost modes.
My carpets have been out for a long time. I don't have AC, so I'm basically just using heat/defrost on cold/wet days. I have puddles inside my jeep all the time though, so it's pretty humid.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:55 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

About the only thing you can do is keep all the inside surfaces of the glass absolutely clean. When the glass gets a film on the inside, fogging happens a lot easier.

Also, look into an anti-fog type cleaner for the inside glass.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:19 AM
Red
JK Enthusiast

Clean and dry. That's about all you can do to keep them from fogging up too bad.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wet interior equals foggy windows. Fix the leaks and no more foggy windows. Only option.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have any leaks in the soft top as of yet but interior moisture is always an issue in Seattle, especially since I work at a navigational lock and dam and our parking lot is on the water. As mentioned before clean glass really helps, I'll admit I don't clean the interior glass as much as I should but I can always tell a difference in the fogging when I do. I've tried the fog-x and it just hazes over for me which winds up causing tons of glare at night. I don't have AC either, but a good way to clear the side windows quickly is to use the round dash vents barely open and pointed up at the windows. Driving with a window cracked helps the air circulate a bit more as well which helps keep the windows clear. Just a few of my tricks, good luck with your fogged up goodness.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smuhhh
My carpets have been out for a long time. I don't have AC, so I'm basically just using heat/defrost on cold/wet days. I have puddles inside my jeep all the time though, so it's pretty humid.
Pull the drain plugs?