Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Fog lights come on in gear

Old 07-15-2015, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog lights come on in gear

I have an '08 2dr X model with after market (installed by previous owner) fog lights mounted on the bumper. When I put it in gear the fogs come on. When I turn the headlights on, the fogs go off unless I pull the fog light button at the end of the multi function switch. Could this be an issue with the switch maybe going bad or something to do with the computer, etc.? Has anyone heard of this before?

I want to disable that feature and have the fogs come on only when I pull the switch.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like the fog lights have been programmed as daytime running lights, either by the dealer or an aftermarket programmer. My AEV procal can set the headlights, parking lights or fogs as DRL. I chose to set mine as headlights low power. The DRL will activate when running and in gear.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:51 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the response. I"ll probably run over to the dealer and see if thats it. Hopefully they won't charge me a kidney to disable it if thats the case.

Quick Reply: Fog lights come on in gear