Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Floor Mat Issue

Old 01-11-2014, 01:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floor Mat Issue

So here's the issue....

I removed my carpets, and herculined the bed. I don't have my carpets in anymore, so I have no way to secure any type of floor mats. I have a 6speed manual and am rough with my feet so every year or so I have to redo the bed liner. I want to just have it bed lined and floor mats in. I tried the zip ties and I hate the way it looks, I can't help it, my eyes are always drawn to it and then I cant stop thinking about how awful it looks.

There are a lot of members on here who are just a down right savants when it comes to solving life's little OCD corks. So any one has any ideas? Or know of some company's mats that don't utilize the carpet anchors? Thanks for your input.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:07 AM
JK Freak

Just a thought, because this is one reason I still haven't bed lined mine, maybe drill a small hole in the floor and install some type of anchor like the factory one?
Old 01-11-2014, 08:56 PM
JK Newbie

What floor mats do you use?

I removed my carpet and bedlined my jk then bought the quadratec floor mats with no issue at all with them moving the fit was good and they stayed in place with no anchor.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:30 PM
JK Freak

Maybe a bolt or screw as a anchor or get a small "peg" welded in for a anchor for a finished look??
Old 01-11-2014, 09:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't done this on a JK, but on a bronco I used to have I bedlined the floor I installed floor mats and used a few stainless steel self taping screws and they worked great.

Quick Reply: Floor Mat Issue