Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

First Time Wheeling = CHeck Enging Light?!?

Old 05-23-2010, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Time Wheeling = CHeck Enging Light?!?

Team,

I took out my 6 week old, less than 500 miles on the odometer 2010 Rubicon Unlimited yesterday and had a BLAST in George Washington National Forest...

However, on the way back I was on the highway and I had not inflated my tires back up to the normal 37 pounds but the Jeep was doing fine... About 1 hour into the trip back we hit some rain and I was cruising at about 80MPH and started up a slight incline and I started to lose speed... So I stepped ( not mashed ) on the gas petal to regain my speed and there was a JOLT, like the tires slipped when the tranny down shifted and the engine rev'd and then the "traction control"light came on with the check engine light flashing, I believe I was put into "limp mode"... I was able to maintain about 50MPH and get to the next exit... At that exit I, I filled up the tires and started the jeep and the traction control light was OFF but the check engine light was still on but NOT flashing anymore...

The jeep handled fine the remainder of the trip on the highway. When I got home I looked up how to check the DTC Codes and was able to pull the "P0339 Code - Crankshaft Position Sensor Intermittent"...

I plan on taking the jeep to the dealership tomorrow as its under warranty.

So I guess my main question is, is this a MAJOR issue that I need to be concerned about for the LONG RUN of the vehicle? I mean less that 700 miles on it now and I plan on keeping it for a long time, and already a check engine light? To be honest it was a "beginner" trail and I didn't beat the tar out of the jeep, so I am slightly concerned...

Thanks in advance for any info and input!

Quick Reply: First Time Wheeling = CHeck Enging Light?!?