Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

First Post, Assorted questions.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, I guess I've lost the popular vote.
There, I've used the gayest icon in the inventory just to show you that I'm nice.

It's an excrutiating decision, Ge99ne, seriously. I agree with you also (dejavu?)
The last step I had on the old girl was to put a Ford 9 in the rear with an OX. But, when my wife says enough, then I respect it. She's alot sexier than any of you mongrels!

I can't tell you how painful it is to let go of my CJ, it was my homecoming present when I got back from Iraq. But, as far as trades go, it's not a bad one. If I'm just giving up a tough dashboard and old-fashioned hubs, then certainly I should be happy. Perhaps I'll even learn to take care of it.

That's why I'm wondering about armor, though, just to be on the safe side. Does anybody understand?
Old 01-04-2007, 11:49 AM
JK Freak

Well wives are funny that way. Mine pressured me out of my 77 CJ but jumped on the Jeep bandwagon overnight after we saw the 4 door on the lot. Of course I was shopping for a Harley at the time so it made a jeep look pretty damn practical.

I will say I never missed selectable lockers. The only reason I would even want them now is to run a full locker in the front without having funky on road handling. In a nutshell it's a lot more refined, which is nice day to day, but causes me to think twice when approaching a mudhole with the top down.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wladziu
degenerate-
I'm not talking about lockers, dummy, I'm talking about hubs. I want to know if the JK's have selectable ones or not.
No, I don't want to bore out my own throttle body on a $27K vehicle, either. Shove that sign up your butt..

what did hubs do? engage (or disengage) the meat from the potato. warn will offer a kit for you in a year or so, probably to the song of 1300, like the TJ's.

and boring out a throttle body is easy. but, if you are that concerned with damaging a 27K vehicle, what do you need to know about locking hubs? are you going to take it off-road? you know, if you do that, things break..
Old 01-06-2007, 01:39 AM
JK Newbie

You're right, degenerate. It's stupid to be able to disengage any part of the powertrain that you'd like. It's also stupid to feel sentimental over something made from metal. It's stupid to regret losing a tradition that my whole family enjoyed - turning a stupid little knob that let us know we were about to have fun. It's stupid to pay less than $20 for wheel bearings, instead of over $100. Please, enjoy yourself as you make fun of all of that. And, please whine some more because I called you a dummy.

And, no, I don't WANT to bore out the throttle body. I was trying to give a heads-up to any sponsors that are listening. Maybe a thought like that surpasses you.

And, I can think of a few things I'd like to break.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:48 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the understanding, Ge99ne. It's exactly that pressure that I'm getting. I SHOULD stop whining about it, though. At least she's not trying to get me to wear a suit!

I'm feeling really uneasy about that refinement, though. I'm surprised I'm the first one to talk about it on here. I don't want it to make me soft.
But, the a/c unit is gonna get turned into an air compressor. The upper and front heater vents are gonna get sealed shut against the rain. And, I'll let you guys know how the "weather resistant" speaker system holds up against my pressure washer.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wladziu

I'm feeling really uneasy about that refinement, though. I'm surprised I'm the first one to talk about it on here. I don't want it to make me soft. But, the a/c unit is gonna get turned into an air compressor.
Unless you were just kidding I thought you might like to know...
AC systems have a special oil that gets added in with the refridgerant to
lube the compressor. If you pump straight air with it, you'll cook it.
Unless there's some kind of a conversion kit you know about.
If there is, hook me up with a link if you could.

Last edited by CHOPPER; 01-06-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah, that can be fixed with an in-line air oiler, like the kind on your shop compressor. Just refill the oil after every few hours of pump operation. Look up "sanden compressor on-board air".
Old 01-06-2007, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

I'll do a write-up when mine gets here.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, that can be fixed with an in-line air oiler, like the kind on your shop compressor. Just refill the oil after every few hours of pump operation. Look up "sanden compressor on-board air".
Yeah, I thought about an in line oiler, but I didn't think it would be enough. Thanks for the info.

I don't think I'll be doing it to my AC...But it's still a pretty cool idea.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:31 AM
JK Freak

You're right, degenerate. It's stupid to be able to disengage any part of the powertrain that you'd like. It's also stupid to feel sentimental over something made from metal. It's stupid to regret losing a tradition that my whole family enjoyed - turning a stupid little knob that let us know we were about to have fun. It's stupid to pay less than $20 for wheel bearings, instead of over $100. Please, enjoy yourself as you make fun of all of that. And, please whine some more because I called you a dummy.

And, no, I don't WANT to bore out the throttle body. I was trying to give a heads-up to any sponsors that are listening. Maybe a thought like that surpasses you.

And, I can think of a few things I'd like to break.
i haven't whined about you calling me names. i don't care. and i didn't say anything that what you were talking about was stupid. your open hostility was completely uncalled for, and i won't be sucked in by a troll.
that being said,
And, I can think of a few things I'd like to break
threatening people over the internet? amazing...

Quick Reply: First Post, Assorted questions.