Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

First Post, Assorted questions.

Old 01-04-2007, 04:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Post, Assorted questions.

Hello, fellow junkies,

I've come across this forum during another late-night jones for my undelivered Rubicon. A few questions:

1. What happened to locking hubs? Please don't tell me there's a stupid vacuum system.

2. Has anyone gotten the dashboard soaked, yet, or will I be the first one? I won't be able to pressure-wash this one....very disapointing.

3. Any word on a larger throttle body, yet?

4. Anybody tried to fill the void behind the sheetmetal (where the mirrors dent the body) with something?

5. I know I'm not the only one wanting cladding similiar to the PSC crusher corners. I'd like to see drawings if anyone has any.

There's some good initial work being done so far, although I was hoping to have skid-plate options by now. Hopefully, Tuffy will present a glovebox as nice as their product for the TJ in a few months. Also, this might sound kinda stupid, but I wish somebody would fab some sort of housing (or at least a steel cover) to deter the crackheads in my neighborhood from stealing that fancy radio. I saw pictures of a TJ that had this done, perhaps somebody else has seen it also.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

our lockers are electronically engaged. think Ected. from a button. like the sway bar disco. all these fancy electronics make me a little nervous about getting rained out as well. i never had a problem in my TJ (some did), but that was just a gauge cluster and that clockspring.

i'm sure there are people working on tube fender fronts (not as easy as on the TJ), stingers and crusher corners as we speak.

bore out your own thottle body?
Old 01-04-2007, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

degenerate-
I'm not talking about lockers, dummy, I'm talking about hubs. I want to know if the JK's have selectable ones or not.
No, I don't want to bore out my own throttle body on a $27K vehicle, either. Shove that sign up your butt.

The salesman swore that the dashes were made to be water"proof". But, when I asked him if would let me pour a bottle of Dasani over it, he made excuses. I thought that some rtv or silicone caulking would help, at least, but it would probably be a losing battle. I was just wondering if anybody had seen the inside of the dash, enough to tell if the connectors were Deutsche or not.

If you are sure there are people working on body cladding, then tell them to hurry up.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Wladziu
degenerate-
I'm not talking about lockers, dummy, I'm talking about hubs. I want to know if the JK's have selectable ones or not.
No, I don't want to bore out my own throttle body on a $27K vehicle, either. Shove that sign up your butt.

The salesman swore that the dashes were made to be water"proof". But, when I asked him if would let me pour a bottle of Dasani over it, he made excuses. I thought that some rtv or silicone caulking would help, at least, but it would probably be a losing battle. I was just wondering if anybody had seen the inside of the dash, enough to tell if the connectors were Deutsche or not.

If you are sure there are people working on body cladding, then tell them to hurry up.
I would reccomend canceling your order & sticking with your current Jeep. I think they have headed in a direction you are not going to like.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:06 AM
JK Newbie

Hey, that's good news, BM (hehehehe). It'd probably look as stupid as a cat on crack to have tube fenders on these things, but I'm hoping to see something to protect the tin-foil. I heard about a JK with an exoskeleton somewhere, but I didn't see any pictures. I wonder if folks are gonna go exoskeleton-crazy with these like they did/do with XJ's? Thanks for the news, though, that's cool!.

I'd like to keep the plastic fenders, I just want some cladding.
And, I was really hoping you wouldn't say that about the hubs, man! That means they went with the expensive one-piece bearing units. I liked my old-school hubs! And JP said DCX based this jeep on the CJ3's.....shame on them!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:10 AM
JK Newbie

Believe me, Ge99ne, I agree 100%. I'm fighting this switch as hard as I can, but there's some personal reasons. Thanks for your concern!
Old 01-04-2007, 09:41 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Wladziu
degenerate-

Your on thin ice with me, every thread I read with your name in it, pisses me off. Theres no reason to call a member "dummy" or to give attitude.

Were all here to learn about the JK. not to put up with someones shit.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

Okay, then I'm on thin ice. Besides, I'm sure you weigh more, anyway.

I am here to learn about the JK as well, and I do not appreciate certain people's attitudes either. I do not mean to cause irrevicable harm by calling someone a dummy. Perhaps I was merely quoting an episode of the Jeffersons. I understand what you are saying, though.

That's about as far as my apology goes. Maybe you didn't notice that the very first reply to my very first thread is some guy giving a flippant answer to a carefully thought out initial post, and tossing in a disrespectful icon at the end. But, that's okay, I can see how you would get upset at me calling someone a dummy.
I can also see why you would let me know this on the public forum, instead of in a private message.

I agree that we should not have to put up with someone else's shit. I would ask for you to actually give me a chance to show how nice that I am, but I don't really think I should do that in a place where I just came to talk about jeeps and hang out.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:30 AM
JK Freak

Boot to the head
I agree with pig. You come asking questions in you first post and start slamming people in your first response on this one. Maybe someone was confused about your locking hub question since Jeep hasn't been building them that way for years. My first Jeep was a 77 and the hubs on mine still were not selectable.

I'm not sure that the werd sign is an attack on your character. It's at the end of a question.

I stick by my initial statement. Keep your old jeep funnel 2/3's of what it would cost to buy a new one & you may have one of the baddest jeeps out there & you can powerwash it with the top off and get out in the mud & lock your hubs.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:31 AM
JK Newbie

Besides, it was just a joke, anyway. Try some of that "Life is Good" therapy.

Quick Reply: First Post, Assorted questions.