Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Finally for my Squeeky JK friends

Old 12-05-2007, 10:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an update here... went for a long drive tonight.. I don't hear the sound anymore so maybe it was just the clutch working in... weird..

Further to the squeek being gone.. what felt like slack before in the drivetrain must have been also in the clutch.. feels alot tighter now when you shift.. less torqueing on the engine if that makes sense...maybe all related to a crappy sloppy defective disc
Old 12-06-2007, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Does anyone know what was wrong/defective with the original disc?
Old 12-06-2007, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

The tech guy I talked to said he thinks it was the small springs on the disc.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Had my clutch disk replaced yesterday under the TSB. I picked it up and took it home last night...the squeak is gone!

They replaced the clutch disk and the throwout bearing.

In addition to noiseless shifts now, everything feels much tighter and the clutch engages much more firmly than before.

Thumbs up to my dealer service department. They have always done a great job for me and never given me any hassles. If you are in the north Orlando area, Courtesy Chrysler Jeep of Sanford.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

Could this cause a rattling/vibrating sound instead? My jeep make a loud vibrating sound off and on when I hit and maintain 3000 rpms. Each time it's been in they can't replicate the noise. I even took it out with them and it didn't do it. It tends to do it more after it's been warmed up.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by lakersfan81
Could this cause a rattling/vibrating sound instead? My jeep make a loud vibrating sound off and on when I hit and maintain 3000 rpms. Each time it's been in they can't replicate the noise. I even took it out with them and it didn't do it. It tends to do it more after it's been warmed up.
That could be something as simple as the heat shields around the exhaust lose or something (we can hope). my heat shields rattle some times but not all the times, nothing to do with the clutch. some of the heat shields are held on with little plastic things, so I'm sure they won't last long.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Alot of you say you have replaced the clutch disc and throwout bearing, any of you just replace the clutch disc and squeak gone? I brought them the TSB for the clutch disc, and on the TSB the only part to order and replace is the disc itself. So anyone just have this done and nothing else?
Old 12-20-2007, 12:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by pacer89
Alot of you say you have replaced the clutch disc and throwout bearing, any of you just replace the clutch disc and squeak gone? I brought them the TSB for the clutch disc, and on the TSB the only part to order and replace is the disc itself. So anyone just have this done and nothing else?

Yeah I just had my clutch disc replaced and no more squeak. it drives much much smoother now too.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

yeah me too.. just the disc.. smoooooooooooth........ squeek free
Old 12-28-2007, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

Brought my car into a dealership to have this done. Picked it up later that day because the part being replaced is on "national backorder?" This dealership has been shady in the past, so should I bring it somewhere else or is this "national backorder" real?

Quick Reply: Finally for my Squeeky JK friends