Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Finally for my Squeeky JK friends

Old 11-22-2007, 05:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a new clutch disc and throwout bearing put in today and the squeek and chirp is gone. The clutch pedal feels alot lighter in mine, not bad, just different. Have to get used to it. Seems like they did a good job so far. The did forget to do the G40 recall, so I have to go back. Oh, they also put in a new cam sensor, and it doesn't have the starting issue any more.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think I know what the problem is: my dealer finally agreed that the noise was due to the clutch disc. When I took it in he said the parts were on backorder AND it would take easily double the amount of time to replace it then what the TSB specified; so that's over 7 hours of work for a dealer. No wonder they don't want to 'hear' the squeak.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got mine back (same day I took it in). Now I have the throwout bearing chirp. I can push on the clutch a little and it goes away. Aparently they did not shim the fork arm for proper free play. Now it has to go back next week for the tech to listen to, to see if I know what I am talking about. They claim they are not going to warranty my drivetrain anymore since I put a supercharger on. They have been great on all my service, but I think I need to take a copy of the Magnusson Moss act to them.
Jim
Old 12-04-2007, 06:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Going in for my chirp fix finally today. Hopefully this god awful squeek will finally be gone...
Old 12-04-2007, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

i have had it back for a week and the squeek is gone, I am happy to say that finally after a year I have nothing to bitch about, maybe the MPG lol but thats it
Old 12-04-2007, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have had one back for about a week as well. No squeal or chirp anymore. Now just waiting on the A/c blower motor to come in. I love my Jeep!
Old 12-05-2007, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dealer just called and my clutch disk arrived at the dealership. Going in tomorrow for the surgery. I am crossing my fingers...
Old 12-05-2007, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Mine is OK post-op

I had my clutch disc replaced last week. Chirp gone, everything great! (I did notice the clutch releasing a little closer to the floor the first day or two, but after driving it a week it all seems normal. I imagine my brain adjusted more the the clutch breaking in..... or perhaps both.)
So, get it fixed.... have no fear!

Now I'll work on that B pillar noise, just so I have somthing to do
Old 12-05-2007, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just picked up my jeep.. took 2 days to fix...

drove off and it was ssssssssssssssuuuuuper loud.. like the transmission was in the passenger seat...brought it back.. grabbed the tech and went for a boot... speaking of "boot".. he had forgot to clip on the secondary boot underneath the shifter.. clipped it back on.. and voila! works great...

no more chirp.. clutch does feel different but I remember it feeling different when I first got the vehicle so i'm sure it will get better.. just feels soft and sticky

matt
Old 12-05-2007, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone else have this TSB done and hear any strange noises? I'm hearing a high pitched sound when i hit the gas.. i thought it was only when i was moving but even when parked.. if I rev the engine I can hear a high pitched sound coming from the transmission area..almost sounds like something spinning.. like a looser washer or something...its too new to tel, maybe it will go away, just wondering if anyone else noticed this...

thx

Quick Reply: Finally for my Squeeky JK friends