Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Finally for my Squeeky JK friends

Old 11-20-2007, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never had that. First thoughts go to a oil filter that does not have a drain back valve. Have you changed oil and filter, and what filter did you use?
JIm
Old 11-20-2007, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kike082
I have to wait for mine also...

Do any of you guys experienced a loud knocking sound when statirng the engine after leaving the Jeep park over a day?
Haven't heard any loud knocking on mine....well for now anyway but mine was taking forever to start so they changed the chamshaft sensor. Haven't picked it up yet to see if it's fixed or not.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

dealer said i might get the jeep back tonight, its been over 2 weeks of waiting for the part, i dropped the jeep back off sunday night, im almost squeek free, i hope! they did tell me when the part came in that it was the last plate left in the country and they got it, I did not belive them but maybe he was telling the truth

Last edited by motabus; 11-20-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been waiting almost 2 weeks for my new clutch disc.. they said there was a "huge backorder".. maybe you got mine
Old 11-21-2007, 05:43 AM
JK Newbie

my clutch diis was ordered two weeks ago also...just got word it is at the dealer...i am going on monday to have it indtalled..hope this finally fixes the prob..had the throwout bearing tsb done already
Old 11-21-2007, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Spoke with the parts department this morning about the Disk. I was told that 100 of them were manufactured and they are being shipped to Chrysler in Detroit today. Chrysler will do the quality inspection when they get them and ship them out to the dealers that need the parts. Apparently there are 45 orders (as of 11am est) and 100 are being shipped out. I was told that it'll be sometime by mid next week before my dealer gets it. So if any of you are waiting for them to be available before you take your Jeep in than now's the time.
Also I was told that they have classified mine as "off road" meaning that it's not operational and the part is needed urgently so hopefully that'll speed up the process.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:17 AM
mt3
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lightning
Warranty repair rate paid by Chrysler = 50% of normal shop repair rate. That's a pretty good reason. If I told you that you would come to work today to get paid 50% of your salary, you would not be very happy doing it

does that mean i have shell out money to get the TSB repaired? or just that the dealerships have to eat the difference (which equals their grumpiness)?
Old 11-21-2007, 01:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mt3
does that mean i have shell out money to get the TSB repaired? or just that the dealerships have to eat the difference (which equals their grumpiness)?
It means that the dealership has to eat the difference, therefore the grumpiness.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jameswharton
... Since they will not warranty my driveline anymore...
By law, they can not just say your warranty is void, for any reason. They have to prove in writing, per each claim, that your modifications and after market parts were the DIRECT responsibility's for the problem. so even if you snapped an axle, they would have to prove that it was b/c few extra lbs. of torque you have now, which would be very hard for them to do, especially since stock rigs are breaking axles. Fight it all the way if they deny it. also, check around to other dealers, you don't have to go to the same place. get in with some local Jeep clubs and find out where the "good o'boys" dealerships are, the ones that will warranty with no questions.

warranty law info:
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/.../warranty.shtm
Old 11-21-2007, 03:32 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the same squeak. Took it to a dealership (Lustine in Woodbridge, VA), they said they couldn't reproduce the sound... so I left (b/c I had my son with me and didn't want to cause a scene). and here is the funny part...

The other day at 4:16 PM I got a call from a "service evaluation" for Lustine about my last trip there. I rated them a 2 out 10, and said I will not go back there for service, and would not recommend them to anyone I know. I said I would try the Jeep dealership in Warrenton 30 minutes out of my way before I went back to Lustine.

They asked me why I rated them a 2, I said it would have been a 1 but since they didn't actually break anything, they get a 2. They said they could not reproduce any of my "symptoms". Like my chirp in the tranny, wind noise from my A pillar, wind noise from the part where the top meets the windshield. They asked if I wanted them to send Lustine an email, I said yes.

30 minutes later the service manager from Lustine calls me He said he wants to make things right and asked if I would like to take a ride with a technician to show them the problems. I said sure, so I go back Tuesday.

The funny thing is, the service manager said, "I thought you lived far away from here?" I said, no I moved, I live right down the street. He was like, oh, well I want to make sure I fix this for you and make sure you are happy, blah blah...

I am wondering if they thought I still lived in Richmond and didn't want to deal with me since I probably would not be back?

The moral of the story is, complain, and those "service evaluation" or whatever they call it phone calls work! at least for a 5 Star Dealership they seem to. I was stoked. I took it back to them and the guy road with me, and said "yep, sounds bad, these clutches are crap" so it goes in this coming Monday for them to pull the tranny... so lets hope they fix it!

Quick Reply: Finally for my Squeeky JK friends