Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Finally for my Squeeky JK friends

Old 10-07-2008, 04:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had the clutch squeak since day one, over 18 months ago.
At first my dealer "didn't hear it". But after I pushed the issue for several visits and calls to Chrysler, they finally "heard" it. This was right around the time that the TSB came out, so I didn't want to let them touch it that soon. I basically lived with the squeak for another year and finally had the TSB for the clutch disk done last week (11,991 miles!).

Of course, they didn't hook back up the Xfer case linkage or the inner shift boot, but I expected this and had them fix both while I waited (It's so nice knowing more than the dealers).

So, she now drives much nicer. No squeak at all, but also just a much smoother clutch engagement in general and much smoother shifts as a result.
Worth the wait for sure.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:01 PM
JK Freak

I just had both TSB's performed on my jeep. Shifts much smoother but the clutch engagement is at the floor, literally. Before I only had to depress the clutch pedal halfway to shift. Anybody have this problem?
Old 02-17-2009, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

old like yo momma.....:rotflm ao2:

jest kiddin' wit ya....
Old 02-17-2009, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

nice....bravo....i tip my hat to you good sir....

now if i could just find my hat....oh there it is under your mom....
Old 02-18-2009, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkJason
I just had both TSB's performed on my jeep. Shifts much smoother but the clutch engagement is at the floor, literally. Before I only had to depress the clutch pedal halfway to shift. Anybody have this problem?
Mine did that when I picked it up. I asked the service advisor and he said that there is NO adjustment...but I had him take it back to the transmission tech. Came back out a few minutes later and it was back to normal. He said all they did was drive it around a bit... Maybe if you pump it a few times it self-adjusts???
Old 03-12-2009, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Since we've resurrected this thread from the dead. Does anyone who's had the clutch tsb done now have a clunking/chattering noise from what sounds like the exhaust cross over pipe? I looked underneath mine and it appears that the dealer just cut the pipe from the manifolds in order to replace the transmission without pulling the header pipes. They just welded the pipe back together. It mostly does it when it's cold and the engine is under a load, like during acceleration.

Is this normal maintenance procedure?

Quick Reply: Finally for my Squeeky JK friends