Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Finally for my Squeeky JK friends

Old 02-28-2008, 08:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HULKGREEN
Dealership experience

I took mine in for a laundry list: but only the third time total in 10400 miles.

one of the things wrong was the manual trans " squeek " at 1200-1500 rpm.....
well as I pick it up I notice in the paperwork they changed my starter under warranty??????....... then I read the starter had a broken ear and had a stripped out thread......then I realize this is damage the tech did while working on my clutch replacement....

I start it to go home and can hear alot of road noise through the shifter next day it gets hard to shift forward ( 1st, 3rd, 5th) and I notice something trying to poke through the shifter boot...........

I pull the shifter knob and boot and there is a second boot and large circle of insulation floating around at the bottom of the shifter...... so I reinstall the insulation and the second boot properly......

but I realize this must be the same tech who broke the starter while repairing my clutch....

I can't decide if I should report his shoddy work or just not go back there for service....................

Your thoughts ?????????????????

I would. If he cares, the service manager needs to know that somone is doing sub-par work. I 'd see what their reaction is and if it's not favorable, go somewhere else, but let them know that you won't be back and you will be telling everyone you know.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:31 AM
JK Newbie

Well.. if it makes you feel any better.. while they were repairing my clutch squeak, apparently they "noticed" that my rear main seal was leaking... and that the hydraulic slave cylinder was also leaking.

It's obvious that the tech broke both of these while working on replacing the clutch disc. After all was said and done.. it would appear they fixed what they broke.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
I would. If he cares, the service manager needs to know that somone is doing sub-par work. I 'd see what their reaction is and if it's not favorable, go somewhere else, but let them know that you won't be back and you will be telling everyone you know.
Thanks BLKRUBI, I was thinking the same thing but wanted someone elses opinion.....

By the way..........At the same time I convinced the service manager to install the revised door latch for driver and passenger and ALL CLUNKING in doors has stopped....... I love my JK again !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 08:48 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by HULKGREEN
Thanks BLKRUBI, I was thinking the same thing but wanted someone elses opinion.....

By the way..........At the same time I convinced the service manager to install the revised door latch for driver and passenger and ALL CLUNKING in doors has stopped....... I love my JK again !!!!!!!!!!!
Same here. I've had both(clutch TSB and door latches) done to mine and I had to have the lower steering shaft replaced. It had some slack in one of the u-joints that caused some clunk over bumps. On the clutch disc swap, my dealer left my 4WD lever unconnected (and I work there), but I just connected it when I got home and was checking everything out. Shouldn't have happened, but no bigge. It would have been if it were a normal customer though.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What pisses me off is that my Jeep was manufactured in late November. OVER a month after the TSB. That means they manufactured my Jeep with a part they knew was bad and now I have to be inconvenienced for their blatant disregard for customer satisfaction. I absolutely hate bringing my Jeep to the dealer for anything. I would have opted for a discount in price for choosing to NOT get a warranty.

I just hope I don't need to get a lawyer involved...AGAIN.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default had disc replaced for chirp 10,000km it's back

sounds like i'm not the only one who has had the disc replaced due to chirp that has had the "chirp" come back(sorry to dash the hopes of u who have just got or are going to get it done)good news is I here centerforce coming to rescue soon with JK clutch
Old 04-18-2008, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

How long did it take for the squeak to come back? I'm on day 48. Also.. only 3,000 more miles before the clutch warranty expires.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had my clutch done and noticed that there was still a chirp/squeal noise at light acceleration. It usually occured with just a light touch on the throttle. It turned out that this noise was coming from the throttle body!! I have an Airaid intake that allows better air flow but does not muffle any chirps. It is easy to think that this noise is coming from the clutch! I have heard that this is a problem for most if not all aftermarket intakes. Check to see if this is the problem before ripping your jeep apart.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm 99.9% sure that I have this issue. If I floor it to "jerk" the jeep I can hear a lower noise, and sometimes if I give it a little gas and let the clutch out at like 2k or so it'll make a horribly loud squealing noise.
How do I know when my jeep was made. It's an 08 model, but i don't want to go to the dealer and have them tell me that it's not within the TSB period.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

When I brought in my JK for the squeak repair they performed both transmission squeak TSB without even looking at my Jeep. They fixed the squeak after having the jeep for what seamed like forever (probably 5 or 6 days).

Sometimes I think I still hear the squeak, but in most part their TSB repairs made the noises few and far between.

Quick Reply: Finally for my Squeeky JK friends