Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Fender Flares: Rubicon vs X

Old 02-10-2011, 11:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know the Xenon flares are different by some way between the four door and two door, but from the factory???

It makes no sense.

They cheaped out on eveything possible, without compromising the strength of a JK left stock over time. Why would they produce two different types of flares for no particular reason other than to make it difficult for you to swap flares with some person??? You already said they are the same part numbers

Are you going to get painted fenders that already match your JK???
Or are they a contrasting color??? Repainting them???

It would be kind of cool to have a silver body and painted black flares, for example.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sa29560
I know the Xenon flares are different by some way between the four door and two door, but from the factory???

It makes no sense.

They cheaped out on eveything possible, without compromising the strength of a JK left stock over time. Why would they produce two different types of flares for no particular reason other than to make it difficult for you to swap flares with some person??? You already said they are the same part numbers

It would be kind of cool to have a silver body and painted black flares, for example.
Well the guy said something about them being the same part number so i wanted to check here with the board.

Mine is a black 2 door with textured flares
His is a red 4 door with painted flares

I plan on painting his black if the swap works
Old 02-10-2011, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sa29560

It makes no sense.

Well the guy said something about them being the same part number so i wanted to check here with the board.

Mine is a black 2 door with textured flares
His is a red 4 door with painted flares

I plan on painting his black if the swap works
Old 02-10-2011, 12:24 PM
JK Newbie

UPDATE: I called the local Jeep dealer parts dept and he said between the 2 and 4 door the flares are the same.

Forgot to ask if the Rubicon Flares are the same part as the X.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

I have a 4 dr X and I got flares from a 2 dr sahara and they fit with no problem at all. Other than all the plastic fasteners on the lining they are extremely easy to change out.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Closer
Lol I dont.. this guy is looking to trade flares with me.. he has 4 door Sahara flares and I have thr 2 door textured flares... I wanted to make sure theyd swap freely before we meet up!
Why doesn't he just paint his black? They could also be textured if that is what he wants.

Quick Reply: Fender Flares: Rubicon vs X