Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Fender Flare Fix?

Old 12-04-2010, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender Flare Fix?

I have a 2010 wrangler sport and one of the little rivet things on my fender is popped out about a quarter inch. Is there any way to fix or replace the single rivet without having to replace the whole fender?
Old 12-04-2010, 05:20 PM
JK Freak

nope. whole thing needs replacing...

just kidding man i dunno which rivet thing ur talking about, as there's several types in the fenders. there are the ones in the outer edge of the fender that hold the inner liner to the fender flare itself as well as the lil clips that hold the fender to the body and also the ones that hold the liner to the body in certain places. most likely you should be able to simply push it back in and it should hold. if not, pull the bugger out and see if you can find something similar at an auto parts store or a home improvement store. worse comes to worst you can go to the dealer, but i'd make that my last resort. good luck!

Last edited by JCKnauer22; 12-04-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:25 PM
JK Newbie

It is the one on the outside and i tried to push it back several times and it keeps popping back out. i think it popped out when i was off road and scrubbed the fender. its not extremely loose but it still just bugs me because its the only one thats like that.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:51 PM
JK Newbie

I think i may just leave it. i think it bothers me so much because it happened three weeks after i got my jeep. and another thing, do you know of anything i could do to remove or hide the scratches on a hard top?
Old 12-04-2010, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

you could bedline the top and never worry about those again....then again some folks find that to be a jeep w/character!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

would there be any drawbacks to putting that on the top? are there any pictures of jeeps with that done to the top?
Old 12-04-2010, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

the day i bought my jeep i scratched the sides and top and if you ask me it made it all that much more a jeep

Quick Reply: Fender Flare Fix?